Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor of Artificial Intelligence Department, Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics (KhNURE).
Address: Ukraine, 61166, Kharkiv, Nauki Ave., 14, Artificial Intelligence Department, office. 255, tel. (+380)-57-7021337.
Born on 24th of February, 1952.
Hobbies: felinology, detective stories, traveling.
1997 – got an academic title of Associate Professor of Computer Software Department, KhTURE.
1993 – got an academic title of Senior Researcher specializing in “Information Systems and Processes”.
1989 – became a Candidate of Science (Technology), Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics named after acad. M.K. Yangel, speciality: 05.25.05 – “Automated Information Systems”. Dissertation topic – “Mathematical Models of Semantics of Nominative Derivation and their Application in Automated Information Systems”.
1974 – applied mathematician, Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics, speciality – Applied Mathematics.
Lecture courses: “Knowledge Management”, “Ontological Engineering”, “Systems of Intelligent Text Processing”, “Formal Systems and Mathematical Foundations of Knowledge Representation”, “Knowledge Engineering”, “Methods and Systems of Artificial Intelligence”.
Research interests: methods, models and algorithms of ontology-based intelligent text processing, knowledge management in distributed artificial intelligence systems, text mining, semantic technologies.
During the last twenty years she has been a scientific supervisor of more than ten research projects. She has participated in the international project «Towards Trust in Quality Assurance Systems» (TRUST), 516935-TEMPUS-1-2011-1-FITEMPUS-SMGR (2011/2014) within the national priority “Ensuring the Quality of Education”; has taken part in the trainings in the framework of the international scientific practical seminar, devoted to studying the experience of Slovakia Universities in creating quality assurance systems (March, 2012, Košice, Slovakia). She has also participated in the international project «Towards Transparent Ontology-Based Accreditation», TEMPUS SM_T020B06-2006 (UA) (2007/2008) within the national priority “New Information Technology to Ensure Transparency of Accreditation of Universities”; as well as in the international scientific practical seminar on dissemination of project results (May 16-20, 2008, Kyiv, MESU). She has coordinated the project IT/534 – 2009 “Development and implementation of the distributed architecture of the MESU ontology portal for reliable, secure and efficient management and integration of Ukrainian education resources” (within the framework of the State Program “Information and communication technologies in education and science” for 2006-2010, project ICT 2009-2010).
She has supervised the commercial project # Ф15/456-2007 SFFR of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine ‘Ontological portal for management and evaluation of Ukrainian national resources in Education and Science’ (in the framework of the subject special-purpose contest of scientific projects # 15 ‘Research of conceptual basis for educational institution evaluation and development of the system for licensing, accreditation and ranking of Ukrainian universities’.) She has also supervised a commercial project # 265 ‘Methods and models for self-organization of intelligent information environment infrastructure based on cloud computing principles’ (2012-2014); a research project # 233 ‘Development of a system of semantic queries support to ontological base for accreditation and licensing‘ (2009-2010); a research project # 219 «Development of Web-oriented system for support of accreditation and licensing procedures of Ukrainian educational institutions’, # SR 0108U010139 (2007-2009); a comprehensive research project # 195 ‘Development of methods and models of intelligent information processing and knowledge management in distributed artificial intelligence systems’ (2006-2008), etc.
Scientific supervisor for post-graduate students on speciality 05.13.23 – ‘Artificial intelligence systems and facilities’. Cand. Sc.: V.V. Volkova, O.V. Shubkina, O.V. Zolotukhin.
Publications and patents
105 published works, including two tutorials. Among them are:
- Educational and methodological tutorial / Authors: V.D. Shinkaruk, M.V. Mikhaylichenko, M.F. Bondarenko, N.S. Lesna, N.V. Ryabova, M.V. Klimova, N.O. Voloshina, V.B. Repka, G.A. Voskoboynikova – Kharkiv: KhNURE, 2008. – 80pp.
- V. Ryabova, L.E. Chala, V.V. Volkova Formal Systems and Mathematical Basis for Knowledge Representation. – Tutorial for students of all modes of studies majoring in 6.050101 – “Computer Science” – Kharkiv: KhNURE, 2012. – 120pp. (in press).
- V. Ryabova Semantic Repository Model for Textual Documents of the MONU Ontological Portal / N.V. Ryabova, A.A. Kozopolyanskaya, O.V. Shubkina, S.A. Grinyov // Math and computer modeling. Series: Technical Science: Scientific Papers Compendum / Glushkov’s Institute of Cybernetics, NANU, Ogienko’s Kamianets-Podilski National University. – Iss. 5. – p. 177-185.
- V. Ryabova Development of general hardware and software architecture of distributed version of ontological portal / N.V. Ryabova, О.Yu. Shevchenko, M.V. Beloivanenko, M.V. Golovyanko, N.O. Voloshina, O.V. Shubkina // Information Technologies in Education. – 2009. – Vol. 4. – p. 164–178.
- V. Ryabova Development of prototype of semantic documents repository and its integration with distributed ontological portal of education and scientific resources management / N.V. Ryabova, O.Yu. Shevchenko, M.V. Beloivanenko, G.A. Voskoboynikova, M.V. Golovyanko, N.O. Voloshina, O.V. Shubkina // Information Technologies in Education. – 2010. – Vol. 7. – p. 117–126.
- V. Ryabova General model of semantical annotation of textual documents in knowledge management systems / N.V. Ryabova, O.V. Shubkina // Information Processing Systems. – 2010. – Vol. 6. – p. 70–74.
- V. Ryabova, S.S. Scherbak Semantic Web Technologies Progress: RDF-graph Processing by XSLT // East-European Magazine of Advanced Technologies. – 2004. – #4(10). – p. 67-72.
- Ryabova, O. Shubkina Text Mining on the Basis of Conceptual Graph Approach // Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technologies CSIT- 2008 . – September 25th-27th, Lviv, Ukraine.
- Ryabova N., Lysenko I., Shubkina O. Content-analysis system for advertising specialisms texts / Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technologies CSIT-2006 . – September 28th-30th, Lviv, Ukraine. – pp. 62-66.
Public and International Activities
Chair of “Social Communication on the Basis of Intelligent Information Technologies” Section in subject sector “Information Support of Sustained Social Economical Development of Society”, VI international scientific conference “Science and Social Society Problems: Informatization and Information Technologies”. Co-chair of “Modern Problems of Computational and Artificial Intelligence” section at the conference “Intellectual Information Systems” in the framework of the annual International Youth Forum “Radio Electronics and Youth in XXI Century”.
Member of a working group of the scientific committee on “Computer Science” at the MESYS, member of a development committee for educational standards of Bachelors 06.010104 – “Computer Science” (2010), and Masters of Science 08.010104 “Artificial Intelligence Systems” (2011-2012). Coordinator from KhNURE side of the International Project with ITIN University (Technical University on IT, Networks and Information Systems, Cergy-Paris, France), aimed at implementation of modern technologies of computer education and commercialization of intelligent systems.
Honours and Awards
Certificate from the Main Administration of Education and Science of Kharkiv Region Public Administration for long standing productive scientific and educational work and to Day of Science, 2012; Certificate from the Head of Kharkiv Region Public Administration for weighty contribution into science and education development, training high-skilled professionals, and to 80th anniversary of Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, 2011; certificates of honor, commendations, valuable rewards of KhNURE for high results achieved in science and education (1996-2012), including best student diploma supervisor (2007), for best results in arrangement of section panels at the International Forum “Radio Electronics and Youth in 21st century” (2009-2012); for best results in arrangement of Inter-regional career fair “Young Expert in 21st century” (2008-2011).